Thursday, January 8, 2009

Resolve - Illustration Friday topic


















Resolve: In the new year we often resolve to do many things. I decided to try out my new dual tip brush markers whilst doing a semi illustrated brainstorm of the things one might base new year's goals on. So many different parts of life you could work on. I wrote a few of my goals down in my diary today; one of them is to get my illustration website up and running hopefully in next month. I really want it ready so that when i send work samples to publishers they will have a nice website to look at too :)
I decided to use some realistic insects I painted recently on top of my brainstorm, I think it works quite well, I changed the hue and faded it back in Photoshop too.
Hopefully I can keep up with the IF topics again, had so much work on lately I neglected my weekly topic, now I don't have an excuse!

1 comment:

Laura Marsh said...

I like the effect of the faded background with the shiny, bright bugs on top. Cool illo. Good luck getting your illustration web site started!