Thursday, January 22, 2009

Caitlin's portrait



























































I drew this portrait for one of my best friend Mary's birthday today. I am happy with how it turned out, i think it is one of the best portraits i have done so far. I had to make sure it was top quality otherwise i would have heard an earful from my friend! :) She loved it. I worked off about 6 different photos to produce the final piece. The pose on one photo was right, but then the lighting and skin tone wasn't, so looked at another photo for that. Looked at another photo for the details in the eyes and mouth. The garden was inspired by a beautiful garden down the end of my street. I used pastel pencils and sticks, quite into pastels lately. Only really have been using them for a bit over a year after I did a pastel workshop at the Fremantle Arts Centre.

No comments: