Monday, November 17, 2008

Wise - Illustration Friday topic























Wise: my illustration for the topic a couple of weeks ago. I know owls were the obvious choice for this topic, but to be honest even before the topic was posted I had been collecting owl photo references to draw from. I am thinking about having this on my illustration business card. I had a bit of a business enlightenment a few weeks ago after going to a web design seminar. I am going to create an illustration website separate from my graphic design / illustration one. I found that publishers only want to see illustrations on their own, not graphics work too. I have registered my new website domain name (just using my name but I have found that is what most illustrators do), so I have to get cracking on it!
I've had a lot of graphic design work lately which is great but I want to be illustrating more. I am also really inspired to start up an etsy shop one day and actually try selling some of my work. There have been some awesome Arts / Crafts markets lately in Perth including Made on the Left in Mt Lawley and there will also be Bazaar and Perth Upmarket coming up in December. One day i would like to try having a stall. So many ideas, sometimes i don't know what to start on first! If anyone has any suggestions on my owl at all, with colouring or anything feel free to comment :)

No comments: