Monday, November 24, 2008

Opinion-Illustration Friday topic



















'Opinion', I wasn't really looking forward to illustrating this topic because it seemed quite hard to portray my beliefs and ideas about something in a picture. I have to be honest and say I don't share my opinions that often because I am not a very argumentative person. One of my strong opinions though is that those who are cruel to animals or those who take pleasure in seeing animals get hurt should receive the same sentence as if they were hurting or killing a person. I don't see how there should be any difference, lock them up for life I say! It is just beyond my comprehension how anyone could bring harm upon an animal that often shows so much love, affection, gratitude and unconditional love. There is probably not much point in explaining my obvious feelings about these people.  

5 comments:

Bee said...

Great illustration, very strong. I certainly agree with your opinion, it says a lot about a person if they are capable of such things. (Thanks for your comment - you're right, there are no whiskers to keep the characters simple, I think the kitty may need some though) :)

Claude Richard said...

Nice and fresh colors !

Anonymous said...

I think you did an awesome job expressing your feelings. Really thoughtful illustration, and well done.

You've been tagged. Just copy and paste the address below and you'll know what to do.

http://friendsinglove.blogspot.com/2008/11/tagged-by-yoon-see.html

studio lolo said...

I so agree!!! There's a special place in hell for people who are cruel to animals. Actually, for people who are cruel, period.
I like the way you chose to illustrate this. And thanks for having a voice for the animals!

Juan said...

Great stuff Shannon :)