Friday, October 17, 2008

Strings - Illustration Friday Topic











































Just in time this week for Strings. I haven't drawn many instruments before so this gave me a good opportunity. I didn't do any preliminary sketches for this, I used ink and a nib and drew straight on paper, I then scanned the drawings in and manipulated the images in Illustrator (the first 2) and then Photoshop. I found these lovely wood grains on the morguefile.com a free photo site, comes in handy! :) I could have done many more variations of these and I may do some more later. I was originally thinking of overlapping all of the instruments but for now just wanted to show them in full.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the experimental variations!

Rosalia Lerner said...

beautiful draws!!

joseph's art and stuff said...

very nice work, great lines!

Dana S. Whitney said...

interesting format and concept combining drawing and manipulation.