Thursday, August 28, 2008

Routine - Illustration Friday topic























Just a quick sketch this week. When I first thought of the word routine I was thinking of diaries, calendars, to do lists, timetables things that help you have a routine. I also thought of Mums with babies and the routines they have to go through, but not being a mum myself I wouldn't know what to illustrate. Then I thought of routines that dogs have. Dogs are often creatures of habit. Every morning my red tan kelpie Banjo waits for me at my feet while I am eating a banana, he always gets the end bit! I know a bit strange that a dog would eat fruit but he likes anything apples, pears, nuts! So this is a morning scene of me in my PJs with my messy bed hair and my doggie! It is just from my imagination so some proportions are not exactly right, I think I look more like a kid, I am not that short! but I like the concept :) 
I have an editorial illustration to get onto, I have to do it with clay like on my blog banner, so I am keen to get going on that :)
Have a nice weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, so cute! Love your bedhead and the well-placed white highlights. My dog goes nuts for apples, and my previous dog loved cantaloupe more than meat. Be careful with grapes, however. My vet told me that for some dogs, it can be toxic. Especially in raisin form since they consume so much more.

Thanks for your sweet comments!

Juan said...

Great illustration Shannon!

Vickie said...

Cute illustration. I like the P.J.s I've always liked the see, hear, speak no evil monkeys, and the banana goes right along with it.