Monday, August 18, 2008

Detach - Illustration Friday topic

















I got my illustration done a bit earlier this week :) I wanted to do something more simple this week. A piece of the puzzle is detached from the rest of the puzzle. I enjoy working on brown paper, I think it is because it is a mid tone, therefore you can just add shading and highlights. I sometimes use it at Life Drawing classes too I find it less daunting than plain white. I should photograph some of my model sketches one day and put them on my blog. 

6 comments:

Jen said...

Great idea!

preetha said...

very cute! i love the style.

Bella Sinclair said...

Excellent concept! She's adorable and has a great expression.

NANCY LEFKO said...

great idea for the topic....very well done !!

atomicvelvetsigh said...

ohh cool idea and very original for this week's topic.. i also agree that you should place your sketches here i bet they are as wonderful! 8)

magicmyst said...

What a great imagination you must have.Fantastic!