Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Off to Market















































































I know not a very original title for this post, but the first that came to mind!
I am bursting with creative energy at the moment! I was fortunate to be allocated stalls at both the next Perth Upmarket and Made on the Left Markets.
This will be my first Upmarket and I feel honoured to have been allocated a stall as there is often a waiting list for stall holders. The Winter Upmarket is being held on 27th June at Winthrop Hall, UWA, 10-4pm.
Made on the Left (MOTL) is being held at The Saint Hotel Innaloo on 17th and 18th July from 10-4pm. My stall Lemon Zest Design is 17th July. This will be my 2nd MOTL market. It was such a great atmosphere last year at the Hyde Park Hotel and should be even better at The Saint.

Above is some artwork I will be selling at my stalls. I am aiming to have a lot more original artwork this time but will also have prints to cater for different budgets. Things in progress on my art table include illustrations, paintings, key holders, painted frames, coasters etc.

This is an extremely busy month for me. This weekend I am also going to Rottnest with SCBWI WA Branch for the annual Rottnest Retreat :) Last year we all had a ball! See Frane Lessac's blog post here. There will be activities, pot luck dinners, wine, portfolio critiques and manuscript assessments, games, bike rides, mini golf to name a few.

When I get back I will be full steam ahead I also have 8 samples to prepare for my Canning Arts Group Art Fun Kids School Holiday Program. Theme these July holidays is Myths and Legends. My classes will involve Jabberwockies, Unicorns, Dragons, Fairies, Elves, Aliens, Enchanted Trees and Fantasy Worlds!!!!! It's always fun inspiring the kids to create and seeing what their wonderful imaginations come up with!

Wednesday mornings I am still taking an art class for people with disabilities at Lifeplan in Vic Park. It is nice to go to a non stressful environment every week and create with carers and clients who appreciate me being there.


No comments: