Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Library Talk































On Thursday 3rd June I presented my first library talk at Riverton Library to primary school aged children. I shared with them the process of illustrating my first chapter book 'My Arms Your Legs' written by Kim Rackham. I showed them changes I was asked to make and displayed image references, rough sketches and finished illustrations. I explained different jobs they could have as an illustrator and did a live drawing demonstration. Many questions were asked by both children, teenagers and parents! It was a positive experience overall and the library staff were very helpful. Thanks to my friend Sam Hughes a children's librarian and illustrator for giving me some presentation tips :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done you. Your a braver sole than me! :0)

Shannon Melville said...

Thanks Moira :) I did have to challenge myself a bit out of my comfort zone, but i figure it will get easier each time. I am sure you will be able to do it one day too. You have wonderful inspiring work and I am sure the kids would love you and your work.