Friday, April 3, 2009

Talisman - Illustration Friday topic






















Talisman: an object that is thought to have magic powers and bring good luck. I did these illustrations end of 2006 for a mock up book for a children's story i had. I thought they were quite relevant to this weeks topic. Created using inks, bleach, pencils and some digital techniques in Corel Painter (stardust on rainbow and also the glow tool (one of my favs!)). I have a bit too much work on at the moment to find the time to create original illustrations for weekly topics. Not that I am complaining as I work freelance so I am grateful for the work.

5 comments:

Artsnark said...

Fun & colorful piece

INDIGENE said...

Hey, we understand! I love the magical energy in this one! It's wonderful to have work in these tough times, my friend!

Madonna Davidoff said...

love the swirly effect.

MrBibleHead said...

Great colors and I love the flowing effect. Wonderful illustration!

Juan said...

Great work Shannon! Wonderful