Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sour Warheads

















Remember sucking on a sour warhead? Well this is what this is based on! I didn't have a lot of time to do this one, so i didn't do any preliminary sketches, going to be tired at work tomorrow now :( but I had to get this done and I can always drink coffee! I was also trialling out some new pastel pencils. I would like to draw some of these expressions in more detail. I am excited because I got some face expression and body gesture books in the mail today :) I think they will be a great reference tool.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

These faces are great. Love your new pencils the colours are beautiful.
http://mollyandcoffee.com

INDIGENE said...

I love all those expressions...they scream "sour"! Very cool illustration! Aren't those books great! I have a couple of them, and when I can't think of one thing to draw, I'll pop one open and find a face that begs to be drawn. Have fun!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Samantha Hughes said...

very cool! my brother was completely addicted to sour lollies. i recall a lot of those twitchy expressions, and the background colours are perfect. What brand are your new pencils?

knallbeige said...

lol that's fun, nice expressions and colours

Denise Gallagher said...

What a fun illustration!
I love all the different "sour" expressions!

Thanks so much for your comment on my Booksketch entry!

Denise