Monday, August 10, 2009

Impatience - Illustration Friday topic














Dorothy was getting impatient with Nina, she wouldn't stop talking or asking questions. I haven't submitted to Illustration Friday for a while. We moved house 4 weeks ago so have been preoccupied with unpacking. Looking at my picture now I probably should have added some question marks too since the duckling is asking questions, oh well you get the gist of it. I decided to leave most of my pencil marks in the sketch just for extra texture and interest. Usually I make everything look so clean.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

What a chatterbox indeed - this made me smile!

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh, it looks like me and my mom when I was a child! So cute!

K Spoering said...

Very clever. And I love your blog header!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

hee he eh hee he hee! Be still my heart! this is so wonderfully hilarious! I love it! You must have been spying on me an my little one LOL! Oh boy is this a moment captured. Love your use of line and black and white. Great illustration!!

Art Fan Ako said...

Great idea! The never ending quack-quack-quack.

Shirley said...

Great illustration! Made me laugh...love the linework and no need for the question marks..this says it all. Great job! Thank you for stopping by my blog...you are too kind!

Carli said...

reminds me of my five year old and his never ending stream of questions. good work

Michelle Henninger said...

Way cute illustration! I love the contrast! Great use of line!

Samantha Hughes said...

hee hee, so cute. Great interpretation of the theme ^_^